Thursday, April 9, 2009

RSV! My poor baby!

Lexi came over for a bit and she is so cute. She was trying to eat that tag! LOL!
Tyler and Thomas' last time seeing and holding Kysa.

My dads first time seeing Kysa!
She's so cute when she's asleep
Her hair dries crazy!

She can already hold her bottle, kind of!

Jaden trying to keep his germs away!

Kysas second bath! The first one didn't go so well!

Jaden burping her


Kysa's new doll from aunt Keisha!


Holding my phone for me! LOL! (Sorry the picture is side ways)


Kysa has had a stuffy nose since about Saturday and Tuesday night it got so bad it was choking her and she was having a hard time breathing and she developed a cough. It was a little scary and I wanted to find out what was wrong. I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't know she would be able to breath all night. So Jaden and I took her to the ER. I am a new paranoid mom. Maybe that was a little rash but I had to make sure she was ok. 
They did a chest Xray on her and they made Jaden and I hold her down and that was super hard for me to do. She was screaming and turning red and she had tears. I don't do well when she has tears. Then they had to do a RSV test which is a swab up her nose. She didn't like that. They couldn't tell us a whole lot at the hospital so we had to go to the pediatrician the next day to really find out a whole lot. 
The next day at the pediatrician we found out that she was positive for RSV. As soon as I heard that I started to cry. I have heard a lot of horrible things about it but nothing good. So of course I was freaking out! The doctor made me feel better because she looks really good for having RSV, the doctor was actually really surprised that she had it because she looked so good. We had to come back today and they thought she was still looking great. I wish they could give her something to make her better. I hate her being sick. I guess this just comes with the job of being a mom. 

6 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Aww! You know how much I hate that she is sick. I'm just glad that she is handling it like a little trooper. She's so cute and I love her bath pictures with her eyes all big! LOL reminds me of when you were a baby. SO ALERT! LOVE YOU and can NOT wait til you get to come visit and I get to meet my baby niece in person!

Lindsay De McBride said...

Don't worry about feeling paranoid trust your gut you have the right your the momma. you are great and i miss you. Your little girl is so beautiful.

Michael and April said...

Cute cute baby! Sorry about the RSV, that doesn't sound like much fun! She seems like she is getting so big already.

K. Scobe said...

Cutest baby in the world...along with Austin and Lexi and soon to be McKenzie. I have the cutest grandkids EVER!

Britney and Jaron said...

Poor baby Kysa! She is such a little cutie though. She needs to get better soon so we can come visit. Also that is not a very good picture of Lexi. She looks drunk or something. LOL

Kurt and Tara Heath said...

I didn't know you had a blog!! Kysa is so dang cute!! I can't wait to see her- I bet you just love her to peices!! I hope she is getting better:)