
This last Tuesday Jaden and I were sitting at home watching the Hulk when Jaden got a phone call from his mom. Jaden paused the movie and seemed really upset but wasn't saying anything that would give me any ideas about what was going on. When he got off the phone I asked him what that was all about. He then told me that his cousin MeLea's little girl died. I was shocked! Melea has already had a hard life and she is such an amazing person. She is deaf and so is her husband, they have 4 kids, all hearing. 3 little boys and one little girl.
Shelbi (MeLea's little girl) was 6 years old. She had gotten sick and started throwing up on Monday and Tuesday morning Rian (her dad) was getting ready for work really early in the morning and went in to check on her and she was sitting up in her bed shuffling some papers around. He asked her how she was feeling and she told him a little better. He went to work and when he got home MeLea told him that she was just getting worse. So they took her to the hospital and a little while after she got there she went into a coma. Her heart rate accelerated really fast and then her heart stopped. They tried to do CPR on her but she wouldn't be revived. She died that night and no one really knew what happened to her or why she died.
They found out yesterday that she had a hernia in her stomach that was releasing poisons into her body and these poisons killed her colon. All these things caused her to have a lot of potassium in her body which caused her heart to race and stop.
Yesterday they went into her room to get a blanket that was her favorite to put in her casket and while they were in there they found a bunch of letters and pictures she had written and drawn for different people in her family. She wrote her testimony to her parents and drew a picture of her dad baptizing her and on the back a picture of Jesus. Then she drew pictures and wrote little notes to her grandparents, her brother, her 3 best friends, and her little cousin that she was really close to. Her testimony was so amazing especially for a little 6 year old that was only in first grade. To sum it up she said how much she loved her family, how she loved her heavenly father and Jesus so much, she was greatful for her Savior and close with Amen.
She was an amazing little girl and I think that some one was there to prompt her to do that and help her say her good byes with out really knowing for herself, I am sure, that she was going to die.
Her funeral was beautiful, and she was a beautiful little girl! I write this in her memory!



6 comments:
WOW what an amazing little girl! She totally knew she was going back home.
Yeah Brandon got married. Crazy huh. His wife it awesome! We love her so dang much. We are trying to have little ones but it just isnt happening. Im on clomid for another month and if nothing than we will go to the next step. I know when heavenly father is ready for us to have one he'll make it hsppen. He thinks he's being pretty funny trying to teach me patience. You dont look like a house! You look dang cute. I cant believe youre going to be a mom soon. thats awesome. Yeah we are still out in O-town. I like it out here. Nice and quite. Next time you are in henderson give me a call. Or If im back up that way I'll call you.
Ok, so I don't know why I read this cause I already knew the story and just had a bawl fest. I think I must be glutton for punishment. Love ya Stace!
What a tragic, tragic loss! I am so heart sick for you and your extended family. Please know that Alex and I will keep you all in our prayers.
It was so good to meet you! Thanks for taking the time to come and see us.
My heart aches for Rian and Melea and their family. It's a good thing the family is so strong, it will be hard, but I think they will make it through. What a sweet little girl Shelbi was.
I'm not sure what to write but I want you to know that she was definitely going back home. There wouldn't be a more perfect thing to leave behind then her testimony. Those papers will never be forgotten. We hope all is well.
That story is incredible by the way. Thanks for your comment and our address is 1560 Derby Dr Henderson Nv 89002. Hope all is going good with you and your baby to be.
Post a Comment