Thursday, March 25, 2010

walking? Legally Blonde

For Kysa's birthday my mom and dad gave her a little stroller. I was really hoping that she would start walking behind it so that she could get the idea of walking. Well she did exactly what I was hoping she would do. She looks like such a big girl when she walks behind it. She still won't even attempt to walk if she isn't holding on to something. She did take 5 solo steps the other day though. So I am thinking it could be any day that she just takes off walking.



How could you say no to that face!
Apparently she didn't want her picture taken because she turned her head right when I took this picture.
What a cutie. Mom sorry about her hair in her eyes. You must think I never do her hair. I really do I swear. We were just getting ready for bed though.
She was getting a little caught up in the cord on the floor.
The other day Keisha called me and asked me if I wanted to go and see Legally Blonde with her. I was so excited when she asked me. I asked Jaden if he would be willing to watch Kysa for the night and of course the good dad that he is didn't hesitate to say yes.
On Monday Kysa started to get a runny nose and I knew she was going to start teething, but I didn't think much of it. Well Tuesday she started to feel a little warm and was really whiny and just sad. Well I couldn't check her temp because our battery on our thermometer was dead. So Jaden's dad went to the store and just bought us a new thermometer. Before he got here I did get our thermometer to work just long enough to get a reading on it. She had a temp of 103.2 but i wasn't sure if it was right because it was barely working. But it still worried me enough that I hurried and gave her some Tylenol and called the doctor. Of course I was freaking out at this point! When I started to talk to the nurse I almost started to cry. I am such a pansy. I get so upset when Kysa gets sick. They told me to bring her in to see if she had strep or something else. So when Bill got here I took her temp again and it had already started to go down, it was 102.5 (Of course that is if the first reading on the poop thermometer was right) It hadn't gone down much but enough to make me fell a little better.
I took her to the doctor and he couldn't tell me anything. Some times I feel like I am smarter then the doctors. He tried to check her throat and stuck the stick so far back in her throat that she threw up all over me! Then he tells me he has to do it again because he couldn't see well enough. So he does it again and she threw up on me again. By this point I am about ready to deck the doctor. He didn't need to stick that stick so far in. Man was I getting hot. (I really need to learn to control my temper) So after all of that he told me nothing. So Jaden took her to his parents house and I went home to change. She has continued to have a fever and it's been staying in the 100- 102 range. I wish it would just go away. Even though the doctor told me it wasn't related to her teething I think it is. I don't believe a word he said.
Well Keisha was worried I wouldn't want to leave Kysas but let me just tell you moms need breaks sometimes. So we went to the show last night and I had so much fun. It made me want to get season tickets there. I really did have a blast. I hope I get to go to another show sometime. The actors were amazing. They had great voices and were good at what they did. I loved it.
Keisha always looks great, and last night was no exception.

1 comments:

The Masons said...

Oh! We have a birthday present ready for her next time we see you guys!! Sorry...better late than never I guess. I am sorry about the fever, and the bad doctors visit. That is horrible! Hope she gets feeling better! :)